Today marks Day 1 of my second full calendar year of full-time freelance photography. 2016 was heavy and deeply challenging, and simultaneously so full of joy at watching this thing expand and evolve.
A few fun moments of this year:
1. My supermodel June couple Caroline + Nolan were featured on 100 Layer Cake's blog here.
2. Hannah Jane + Austin's wildly creative day was named Arkansas Bride Magazine's Best Overall Wedding of 2016.
3. My work continues to expand to working with brands, musicians + families.
4. Weddings took me to Austin, Charleston + Chicago.
5. My husband has joined me for some of my favorite weekends of the year. Working with him is couples therapy on steroids. I love learning about him and seeing him in this light.
5. Junebug Weddings featured Paige + Nathan's detail-centric Bloomsbury Farm wedding here.
6. I shot a wedding where I got married. Obviously I cried all day.
To my clients, you have taken my breath away this year. All I can ask of 2017 is that I continue to cross paths with kindred spirits like these.
To my family, my husband, dear friends- thank you for hugs and encouragement and phone calls and quality time. Thank you for holding my hand when I've been exhausted and fed up. I've learned that I do this because all I want is to see and be seen. (Anyone else discover the enneagram this year? I'm a 2. Maybe the two-est two you've ever met.Let's talk about it.)
2016 was about growth. Nose to the grindstone, cast your net wide, big "yes"es to new opportunities. This year, I'm praying for vision. I'd love to have a clear answer when someone asks for my 5 year plan. I'm excited to dig deep and play the long game. I need help, I need advice, I need people.
Thank you to the families that invited me into their world for a day. To the couples that embraced me and chose to be vulnerable. To the artists I was so privileged to work with and learn from.
I'm spending some time scrolling through my 2017 calendar today. Somehow, it looks like we're in for even more of this magic.